Mergers and Acquisitions take place every year, but fewer Merger & Acquisition transactions are actually creating value. According to a BCG survey, only 47% of M&A deals produce positive results within the first year. Integrating company cultures and different systems can be complex, lucky for you Stasmayer can help with these technology considerations.
Merger & Acquisition Challenges to Consider
When it comes to integrating systems between two or more organizations, things get tricky. Complexity arises from:
- Managing data integration: Integrating two systems means integrating two massive sets of data, and ensuring that the new system is able to handle it.
- Configuration management: Different technologies used by both organizations need to be configured correctly in order to ensure they work together efficiently. When this is attempted by in-house IT staff, there is often a mixup as to who is responsible for what. This can lead to projects being delayed, data being missed and customer satisfaction goes down.
- Change control: Changes made to one system must be replicated across all other systems in order for them to continue functioning effectively.
- Integrating existing environments with new ones: When integrating systems, organizations must take into account the existing environments of both merging entities. This means revisiting configurations and settings as well as integrating any new or changed infrastructure components. The goal is to ensure that the integrated environment will be able to run smoothly when all the changes have been implemented.
- Establishing a unified infrastructure: Integrating two separate infrastructures can be a daunting task. Organizations must have an understanding of the different technologies used by both entities and establish a unified infrastructure that will support both systems.
- Integrating cultural differences: Integrating systems can be difficult in and of itself, but integrating cultures is also a challenge. It’s important to keep cultural differences in mind when integrating systems, as this will help ensure that the integration process goes smoothly.
Stasmayer Has The Experience Needed in a Technology Partner
Mergers might look bleak, but don’t give up quite yet. The good news is that companies like Stasmayer are here to help. Our expertise lies in understanding the complexities of M&A tech integration and providing solutions that meet the needs of both parties involved.
We do this by:
- First identifying technology gaps within each organization’s existing environment—including underlying technologies like databases, platforms, and networks.
- Secondly, we create a roadmap to integrating these systems in a way that best serves their business objectives. We also assist with the implementation of new technologies or processes that may be needed during integration, such as cloud migration tools, data migration tools, and automation solutions.
- Finally, we provide ongoing support and guidance throughout the process. Our team of experts is available to make sure everything goes according to plan and can help troubleshoot any issues that arise along the way.
From start to finish, our goal is simple: to help you successfully transition into your newly combined organization.
Stasmayer: Your Integration Partner
At Stasmayer we understand how difficult integrating systems can be during an M&A process. But with our expert guidance and support, we can make sure your transition goes smoothly and your team is ready to meet your business objectives. Let us help you avoid the gaunt, hollow look—contact us today!