Back in the 90’s, when networks were simple and pants were baggy, businesses only needed one designated “IT guy” to function. You might picture one single individual somewhere in your office, tinkering away at his computer and taking care of any IT issues that come up. Times have changed a lot since then.
Technology has become more complex, networks are bigger, and business tools require more support than ever before. That means you need an IT support team to effectively manage your technology needs. And it’s not just about having a team, but the right team with the right skills to ensure that your business is running at peak performance.
Why Your IT Plan is Out of Date
The IT landscape has changed dramatically since the days when all you needed was a single computer expert to handle your technology. With new standards, products, and processes emerging almost daily, many businesses find themselves ill-equipped to stay up-to-date with their IT needs.
Even if you have an in-house IT staff, they may not be able to keep up with the changing landscape. And if your business is relying on a single “IT guy,” you could be at risk for security breaches, data loss, and downtime. Let’s take a look at the numbers:
- 27% of small businesses are lacking even minimal IT support
- Over 70% of small businesses have a website and are potentially at risk
- Cloud solutions decrease business workload by 42%
- Mobile apps save small business employees 725 million work hours per year
If these numbers are any indication, it’s clear that technology is essential to business success. The right IT plan can make all the difference in your bottom line and help you stay competitive in an ever-changing market.
How to Increase Your IT Productivity in 2023
When it comes to optimizing your IT plan for the future, there are a few key steps you should take.
- Use the Right Tech: Make sure you’re using technology that is up-to-date and capable of handling your business needs. Look into cloud solutions, wireless tech, mobile apps, and other tools to make sure your IT plan is running smoothly.
- Incorporate Automation Tools: Automation tools can help streamline your processes and make it easier to manage your IT infrastructure. From password management to data analysis, automation can help keep your business running at peak efficiency.
- Manage Passwords: Password management is essential for security and compliance. Make sure you’re using a secure, encrypted system that allows you to easily create and manage passwords for each user on the system.
- Set Clear Goals: Setting clear goals for yourself and your team will help ensure that everyone is working toward the same objectives. Developing an action plan for ongoing maintenance and support will also help keep your IT plan up-to-date in the long run.
- Work with an MSP: A managed service provider (MSP) can provide additional security measures, as well as IT support and maintenance services. By outsourcing your IT needs to a professional, you can ensure that your business is always using the most up-to-date technology to stay competitive.
Outsource IT to Stasmayer
At Stasmayer, we strive to provide the highest level of customer service and satisfaction. With our team of experienced engineers and technicians, we can ensure that your business is running at peak efficiency while also providing top-notch security measures. If you’re looking for an expert partner in IT, look no further—contact us today to get started.